JIPMER has been declared as an Institution of National Importance by a Parliamentary Act, i.e. JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. It imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super-specialty Medical Training through a working hospital with bed strength of 2559 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S., Degree Courses are offered in 37 various disciplines.
Exam Date : First week of June
Declaration of Result : Second week of June
Important Dates of JIPMER-2017
- Online Registration – Opening Date: 27th March, 2017 (Monday)
- Online Registration – Closing Date: 03rd May, 2017 (Wednesday)
- Date of Online Distributed System Entrance Exam: 04th June, 2017 (Sunday)
- Expected Date of Publication of Merit List: 14th June, 2017
- First Counseling/Allotment of Seat: 27/06/2017 (Tuesday)
- Second Counseling/Wait list allotment: 19/07/2017 (Wednesday)
- Third Counseling: 23/08/2017 (Wednesday)
- Close of Admission: 30/09/2017 (Saturday)
- Commencement of July and January Session 1st July and 1st January
Nationality: The applicant should be an Indian National.
Age: Candidates have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S.
Qualification: The candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to (10+2) after a period of 12 years of studies. The last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology.
Subjects (Aggregates): The applicant must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually obtaining a minimum of 50% mark.
For OPH candidates in general category, the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45%.
For SC/ ST/ OBC/ OPH candidates, the minimum marks in the qualifying examination will be 40%.
|Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration|
|Physics||60||1 x 60 = 60||2 ½ hrs. (10:00-12:30)|
|Chemistry||60||1 x 60 = 60|
|Biology||60||1 x 60 = 60||No|
|English & Comprehension||10||1 x 10 =10|
|Logic & Quantitative Reasoning||10||1 x 10 =10|
|MCQs||Total –200||MM – 200|
Note: The candidate will indicate his/her response to the question by darkening the appropriate circle completely with BALL-POINT PEN will be provided in the hall by the Invigilator. The questions for JIPMER Entrance Examination will be based on the syllabus for XI & XII Standard as prescribed by the State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE.